120 Creative Problem Solution Essay Topics and ideas for College and University Students
Problem solution is a method of evaluating and writing about a topic. Identifying a problem and proposing one or more solutions should be a key factor in your essay. You may also call this type of essay as argumentative as the writer seeks to persuade the target audience to take a standpoint concerning specific issues.
How to Write a Problem Solution Essay
Pick a topic
Try to think of things that personally bother you in your work, home town, school, community, church, clubs and other general areas.
Make a list of the problem in this groups that you encounter in your interactions in the group. If you have ever had the “aha moment” and thought this would have been done better, there you go a great topic for your essay.
Finding a solution
Remember your essay is all about solving problems, so a solution should be a highlight of the essay. Always offer concrete solution and expound to your reader why it is the best solution. If your solution calls for a series of steps or actions to be ensued, have them presented in a logical order. Your reader should know that your solution is not only the best from any other solution but it is cost effective, feasible etc.
State problem and explain why a solution needs to be figured out. Good to mention at this point who should be concerned about this problem. A personal experience, frame story, and others can make good introduction ideas and description of the problem. Seamlessly state your solution briefly in a thesis statement or by way of a question.
The number of paragraphs depend on the number of solutions. This is the part that the solution should be started clearly and in depth. An evidence that the solution offered works will go a long way to convince the reader. By refuting a possible objection logically.
Tell the reader of how the situation will change once the solution is adopted. Cite convincing statistics briefly or an expert testimony to wrap up. End with a call to action this will show confidence that the author has with the solution provided.
List of 120 Problem Solution Essay topics in different subject categories
- Lack of communication between spouses.
- What prevents couples to get therapy?
- How can you help a partner who is depressed?
- How to end an abusive relationship?
- How can peers persuade each other not to take drugs?
- What can be done to prevent rising numbers of divorce?
- How to determine an unhealthy relationship.
- Should couples switch of their phones while they are at home? Has social media taken over lifes?
- How can barriers be broken between groups?
- How can you intervene on a friend making bad choices in life?
- Can college be made more affordable?
- How best can a college student balance work, class and social life?
- Problem with your dorm mate? How to effectively handle the misunderstanding.
- How can college students get into more shape than when they were in high school?
- How can a college student avoid procrastination?
- How can racism be prevented in colleges?
- How can radicalisation in colleges be prevented?
- How can college students know the dangers of extreme partying?
- How can extreme fraternity practises be abolished in colleges?
- How to deal with cultural diversity in colleges.
- What should be done for women’s sports to have more sponsorship and media attention.
- What should be done to avoid conflict among supporters of different teams in a stadium?
- Are there other career choices for retired athletes apart from coaching?
- How can sports journalism gain respect from bias reporting in the past.
- Is your government doing enough in setting up sports talent academies?
- How can athletes avoid doping at all costs?
- Sports betting has turned out fatal at some instances. How can it be avoided?
- Should there be a monopoly in a sports network like ESPN?
- Coaches who fail to respect the opinion of the kids, the impact this has on the kid’s life.
- Is gayism/lesbianism starting in our locker rooms?
Check out : Sociology Essay Topics
- How can we make schools and learning institution’s safe?
- How should learning institution’s balance sports and learning?
- Sex education is very sensitive topic. Should it be done by the teachers or parents?
- How to ensure zero truancy in schools?
- How can politics be put aside in learning institutions.
- How can school bullying be put to an end.
- With dual career parents how can they be involved in their kids learning?
- Maths anxiety is real. How can schools make this subject friendly?
- Should struggling students repeat a grade?
- What is redshirting and the possible solutions?
- How can a state deal with illegal immigrants?
- How can a government ensure literacy is improved?
- Sexual assaults in colleges and how to avoid.
- What prevents people with suicidal tendencies not to get help?
- Overpopulation in urban settings.
- Has the society embraced the transgender?
- Should muslim women be allowed to wear the face veil at work in a non muslim country?
- Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles?
- Legalisation of same sex marriages?
- Should the rich pay more taxes?
- Teenagers relationship with parents most of the times is not at its best, what are the solutions.
- Do pushy parents make or break their children?
- Family violence either against children or spouse.
- An alcoholic or drug addicted parent?
- Overprotective parents?
- An overly critical parent?
- How to avoid angry outburst in front of the children.
- How to avoid frequent arguments with your spouse or children.
- Infidelity. How to mend a family after.
- Blended families. How to effectively bring them together.
- To decongest roads, how can the public be encouraged to use public transport?
- How can pedestrian safety be improved?
- First mile/last mile how do we solve this problem?
- Environment impact and energy consumption.
- Can carpooling ease congestion on our roads?
- Gas tax increase is it justifiable?
- Toll roads is it a problem or a solution?
- Transportation problems with people with disability.
- What are the worst traffic violations and solutions to curb them.
- What are the best solutions to avoid deaths due to drunk driving?
- Climate change, what laws and policies will address this pertinent issue?
- Should fracking be made illegal?
- How can environmental accidents like oil spills be prevented?
- Water pollution is a global growing problem, what are the solutions to end this?
- Mishandling of hazardous waste causes long term risks how can we prevent this?
- Poor disposal techniques are bringing about soil pollution how can we avoid this?
- Deforestation is posing a problem to the globe. Give solutions to prevent it.
- How can carbon dioxide emission from cars be reduced?
- Growing population is coming up with environmentally destructive practises like landfills.
- Should coverage on environmental injustices be aired to the public?
- What is the best way to prevent teens from joining gangs?
- What can be done to stop radicalization of terrorist groups?
- Does childhood poverty lead to a life of crime?
- There is an increase in a white collar crimes what are the solutions?
- Crime among children how can it be avoided?
- How to deal with public gun violence?
- What ways can the government deal with police brutality?
- Will reexamining the drug crime policy help in curbing the vice?
- Methods lawmakers can put in place to curb human trafficking.
- Should incarcerated parents be allowed to see their children?
- How can the high unemployment rate be lowered?
- Should governments pass laws to prevent foreclosures?
- Dispute resolutions in the workplace what are the solutions?
- Should all workers join unions to avoid exploitation?
- What should the government do to avoid child labor?
- Consumer debt is choking most citizens in the US what is the solution?
- Should there be student protection against banks and loan institutions predation?
- What can the government do for startups sustainability from closing down within the first year of business.
- Globalisation has come with business uncertainty what are the solutions of this trend?
- A successful business must apply strategic thinking what problems will this solve?
Provide solutions for the topics
- Is religion a problem or the solution?
- Peer pressure.
- Fad diets.
- Drug addiction.
- Runaway children.
- School drop outs.
- Has critical thinking gone down the drain with students quick to turn to internet for answers?
- How can colleges ensure that assignments are submitted on time? Now students have changed from the “dog ate my homework” to my computer has crashed?
- How can schools improve the use of technology by teachers?
- Is yesterday’s technology today’s problem?
- Advancement of technology is good what are the problems that artificial intelligence will pose and what are the solutions?
- What problems have electronic signatures posed and what are the solutions?
- Have phone apps made us so dependant on technology?
- Online breech. Will security of passwords like fingerprinting or iris detection help curb the vice?
- Is there a winning solution for a cashless society?
- Should cars have an app to switch off a driver’s phone who want to text while driving?
Still stuck with your essay? Check out buy college essay
Problem Solution Essay Topics List
A problem solution essay is one that identifies a specific problem and then provides a plan or a solution for the same. Like other essays, people often find it hard to decide on a topic especially when the instructor asks students to come up with their own topics. Students are always advised to select topics they are well acquainted with or something they are passionate about. Additionally, when writing an essay, it is also necessary to consider choosing a topic which has a viable or practical solution. Topic selection often determines a person’s grade and therefore, students should take their time instead of rushing to write on anything that comes to their minds first.
Here are topic examples to help you write your problem-solution essay:
- Discuss ways which can be used to stop social media bullying.
- How should the US approach the issue of undocumented immigration?
- Discuss ways which can be employed to solve the Syrian refugees’ issue.
- What are some of the steps that universities should take to prevent sexual assault?
- How should the US approach the issue of mass shootings?
- How can the rift between the police and communities be bridged?
- What can be done to stop police brutality?
- What can be done to help sensitize and get people out of abusive relationships?
- How can interpersonal communication be improved in today’s online world?
- How can depression be dealt with especially in teenagers and young adults?
- What can be done to help break down ethnical and cultural barriers?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help deal with bullies and manipulative individuals.
- How can suicidal people be sensitized and be encouraged to seek help and talk about their issues?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help prevent teenage pregnancies.
- What steps need to be taken to help eliminate the issue of homelessness in our communities?
- What should be done to help reduce the number of teenagers dropping out of school?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help reduce the social inequality gap.
- What can the government do to help lessen the burden of student loan debts?
- What can the local governments do to help reduce the unemployment rates?
- Even in the 21st century, child labor is still a major problem. What laws should the world enact to help deal with the scourge?
- How should the US and the world approach the issue of terrorism?
- Discuss ways the government and the general public can use to help deal with the issue of worker exploitation.
- Gun violence is indeed on the rise, suggest ways to help deal with this malaise.
- What are some of the ways to help the victims of war?
- What are some of the ways the government can use to make the public more receptive towards former criminals?
- Divorce numbers are indeed on the rise. What can be done to help reduce this percentage?
- Regardless of the increased sensitization, deaths as a result of drunk driving continue to increase. Suggest ways to help prevent the loss of lives as a result of the same.
- Illiteracy levels are indeed high. Suggest ways to help improve literacy levels.
- Human trafficking is indeed a scourge that needs to be eliminated. Discuss ways the world can adopt to help eliminate it.
- How should the world deal with the issue of global warming?
- What should be done to eliminate the problem of online data mining?
- How best can we deal with the cyberbullying problem?
- Should celebrities be protected from the nosy media?
- What should be done to help mitigate the inclusion of extremely graphical images in video games and movies?
- What can be done to make sure every person’s healthcare is guaranteed?
- How can the government and the private help increase the employment rates?
- How can education be made more affordable?
- What should be done to help reduce the dependence of money in politics?
- Discuss ways you think government surveillance is infringing on its people rights. How can this issue be dealt with?
- How can the government protect endangered wildlife?
- What can the government and the private sector do to reduce environmental pollution?
- Racism is indeed a thorn in our community. How can it be eliminated or mitigated?
- How can teachers help children who are victims of family abuse?
- What should be done to help increase the number of students who qualify for college education?
- What should students do to overcome the issue of postponing or procrastinating?
- Discuss ways that can help reduce the lung cancer problem.
- What should the government do to help deal with the issue of youth unemployment?
- Discuss ways we can adopt to help reduce air pollution.
- What can we do to help prevent the imminent ecological collapse?
- How can we reduce the impact of natural disasters?
- Suggest ways which can be employed to help reduce domestic violence cases.
- Discuss ways that should be adopted to help solve the ‘one size fits all’ approach to education.
- Discuss ways employers can use to motivate their employees.
- How can managers solve communication problems within their organizations?
- What should teachers do to help improve or boost creative thinking in students?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help balance their school work and social life.
- How should companies deal with internet spams that seek to mine data?
- How should employees approach the issue of discrimination within the work place?
- How can families be sensitized to help reduce the increasing number of family breakdowns?
- What can be done to help reduce teenage smoking and alcohol intake?
- What legal procedures should be adopted to help eliminate corruption in the public offices?
- How should the government deal or help reduce the high cost of leaving?
- What should be done to help deal with segregation laws as well as the poor treatment of special needs students?
- What measures can schools adopt to help eliminate exam cheating?
- What should the responsible bodies do to help discourage the use of animals in scientific research?
- What should teachers do to help reduce and eliminate the issue of early pregnancy?
- What laws need to be enacted to help eliminate the issue of texting while driving?
- How can teachers help their students to improve their self-confidence?
- Suggest ways students can use to help improve their focus and concentration.
- How can people reduce anxiety?
- How can big cities reduce the problem of car accidents?
- Discuss ways which can help improve a child’s memory.
- How can society lower alcoholism rates?
- How can we deal with the issue of racial inequality within certain public offices and organizations?
- What are some of the ways that can be adopted to help teenagers avoid succumbing to eating disorders?
- How can teachers and parents make sure that children are appropriately using social media?
- Which programs should be introduced to make it easier to identify highly talented students?
- What can be done within the education curriculum to help make schools more accommodative and impactful towards special needs students?
- How can teachers help make their students more accommodative towards ethnically or culturally different students?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help obese people reduce weight?
- What should be done to help reduce heart related diseases?
- What approach should the police take to help reduce the number of criminal gangs?
- What laws need to adopted to help stop hate-speech?
- How can nepotism within our work places be stopped?
- How can teens’ isolation and loneliness be reduced within the school?
- What should be done to help reduce or deal with the problem of overpopulation?
- What laws or reforms to the current laws should cities adopt to help reduce traffic jams?
- How can students be motivated to attend lectures?
- What should teachers to help accommodate slow learners?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help reduce or eliminate insomnia.
- What should be done to help eliminate identify theft?
- Discuss ways teachers can use to encourage teamwork among students?
- Discuss ways teachers can employ to discourage any cases of racial discrimination?
- Suggest ways employers can employ to help reduce and eliminate work stress among their employers.
- How can we save the ailing environment and reduce deforestation?
- What can be done to help reduce the number of forest fires recorded in a year?
- Discuss ways which can be adopted to help big cities reduce air pollution?
- What can the world do to help protect women and children during war?
- How can organizations eliminate gender-based discrimination?
- What should the world do to eradicate the seasonal issue of hunger?
- What can teachers do to help reduce laziness among students?