Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
Nursing Assistants help patients with personal hygiene and daily living. Based on our collection of Nursing Assistant resumes, typical work activities for this position include: helping with grooming, assisting patients to the bathroom, serving meals, monitoring patient condition, checking vital signs, administering medicine, answering to patient calls, reporting to nursing supervisors, and maintaining records. Providing companionship is an important part of a Nursing Assistant’s job.
A sample cover letter for Nursing Assistant should highlight the following qualifications:
- Basic clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Infection control
- Health promotion
- Bedside manners and empathy
- A caring personality
- Effective communication
- Stamina and physical fitness
Below is displayed an example Nursing Assistant cover letter showcasing similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nursing Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Park:
As a skilled Nursing Assistant with experience providing services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist Sunny Day in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From testing blood pressure and monitoring vitals to assisting patients with daily hygienic tasks and performing light housekeeping duties, my dedication to providing vital assistance to diverse patients and improving their quality of life positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with cross-functional staff, and delivering comprehensive support to nursing staff are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care while providing critical support in areas such as meal preparation, bathing/grooming, exercise, transportation, and companionship.
- Utilizing thorough knowledge of medical conditions and services to assist in delivering medications, treatments, and procedures to patients.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of nursing practices, laws, regulations, and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrating outstanding time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
With my expertise in supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your nursing team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications further. Thank you for your consideration.
Josette B. Sedgwick
Far too many job applicants underestimate the importance of a well-written cover letter, but it is actually the face of your resume, providing a professional, engaging introduction that persuades the hiring manager to move on to your resume. Your letter should be brief and direct but should also summarize your transferrable skill set and identify potential value right up front. As a nursing assistant, this means explaining your areas of expertise and confirming any certifications you hold. Keep in mind, however, that this is not simply a repeat of your resume. Read through the following free nursing assistant cover letter sample to get an idea of what information to include.
Free Nursing Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Deland,
I am excited to be applying for the nursing assistant position at your Naperville location, and believe I would be a great asset to your residential care team.
I have two years of med surge hospital experience and five years of experience working with the geriatric population in long-term assisted living.
I believe that a successful CNA must be compassionate, personable, and adaptable to change. I have worked with a variety of patient types during all hours of the day. Furthermore, maintaining a healthy lifestyle has helped me avoid injury and physical limitations while on the job. I have trained dozens of assistants on the proper technique for lifting, turning, dressing, and transportation.
As a fully licensed nursing assistant in the state of Illinois, I love working with the elderly. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your facility and the position in person. Thank you for your consideration.
What to Include in a Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
Many jobs require candidates to have a CNA license, so be sure to mention your certification status in your cover letter as we did in this free nursing assistant cover letter sample. Above all, you must tailor your pitch to the specific facility you are applying to. Same-day surgery and assisted living are two very different environments. While assistants at both locations may perform some of the same functions, it is important to express your knowledge of and interest in the patient population you would be working with.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Here are a few general skills that nurses and managers look for in potential nursing assistants. Try to weave some of these into your letter along with the ideas presented above in the free nursing assistant cover letter sample.
• Compassion: This is a must-have if you want to be successful with any type of patient.
• Patience: Some patients are difficult, but they still require the same daily care routine.
• Stamina: In general, nurse assisting is not office work. The job requires lifting, moving, and standing for long periods of time.
• People skills: When you are assisting people with their personal hygiene and care, you are putting them in a vulnerable emotional state. You must know how to positively communicate with patients as well as with your fellow staff.